Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Life After the Bahamas...

So it's been a couple of days since we've exchanged the sunny skies of the Bahamas for the snowy clouds of Maryland, and all I can say is that I miss it. A lot. I miss the people and their hospitality. I miss the "hailing" when we're driving. And I miss being in such a beautiful place. But I'm glad to be back in the US, for one, because I love sharing with people all my knew found knowledge about the environment. I just purchased my books for the semester (aka the University just robbed me) and while I was buying notebooks, I decided to purchase the "eco easy" kind. To me, this is a sure sign that this AWB trip focusing on ecological sustainability has changed me. If anyone knew me before the Bahamas, they would know how cheap I am, and how I would never pay $3.49 for a pack of looseleaf paper when there was a pack of the same paper for $0.99 right next to it. But today I did that. Although I spent a little more than I might of in the past, that's alright to me, because I know that little things like that will help to keep our environment going strong.

No comments:

Post a Comment